Dental Assisting Program Consist of:
- General Chair side & Dental Materials
- Infection Control, Pharmacology and Oral Anatomy
- Dental Office Management
Each course in the program has been carefully selected to assist you in reaching your goal as a knowledgeable and proficient dental assistant. In order to complete your program and externship on time and to get the full benefit of your HDAA training, follow your weekly schedule as planned.
Day classes are scheduled every Thursday from 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM. Instructor may also schedule open labs on Thursday after 5:30 AM or Saturday after 2:30 PM
|1||8:30 AM||10:30 AM|
|2||10:30 AM||11:30 AM|
|3||12:30 PM||2:30 PM|
|4||2:30 PM||4:30 PM|
|5||4:30 PM||5:30 PM|
HDAA Dental program prepares students for careers in dental assisting in a variety of settings including general and specialty practices, dental clinics and hospitals. Upon completion of this program, students will be prepared to enter the workforce with knowledge, skills and confidence. Students will learn front and back dental office skills, dental office management, emergency procedures, chairside assisting, radiology, and effective interpersonal communication. Students will:
- Be able to use dental terminology as appropriate to the situation.
- Demonstrate competence with compliance to HIPAA standards and OSHA guidelines in the dental office including standard precautions and principles of asepsis.
- Perform dental office administrative tasks professionally, ethically, and proficiently including the use of dental software, standard office applications, and the Internet.
- Perform basic chairside skills and clinical support required for a general or specialty dental practice including the ability to identify facial landmarks, chart existing conditions of the teeth and their diagnosed treatment and manipulate and handle dental materials proficiently.
- Demonstrate competence in taking a full-mouth set of clinically diagnosable x-rays observing radiation safety standards.
Use of Facilities and Equipment:
The facility is generally available to students on Thursday from 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM. The school is located on Dillingham Blvd. There are many restaurants nearby and around the building. A microwave is available to warm up your food.
Please help to keep your academy as clean and orderly as possible. Eating and drinking in the operatory is strictly prohibited. All safety policies and procedures will be observed at all times. Equipment is to be handled only in a safe manner.
The academy maintains a smoke-free environment. Smoking including electronic cigarettes is only permitted outside the building in designated areas. In accordance with state law, smoking is prohibited within twenty feet of building entrances.
Elevators are available for your use. If the elevators become inoperable, please use the stairs.
Free parking is available to HDAA students. A parking pass good for one whole day will be given at the beginning of each class meeting. A parking pass must be visible on your dashboard to prevent getting a parking ticket.